A Complete Planner by the Top Movers in San Diego
Relocate Anywhere in the World with our Moving Know-How
If you are planning a move, you need a proper plan to make it hassle-free. Planning can help you relocate your belongings safely within the time limit. A good moving plan involves mainly three stages – before moving day, moving day, and delivery day.
These three aspects act as a solid framework for your plan. It is advised by our moving experts to create a time-span of approximately 30 days to schedule your activities wisely. Additionally, choose your moving day carefully and try to avoid peak periods of moving.
North American Van Lines are the top mover in San Diego. They have more than a half-century of moving experience and know what it takes to relocate smoothly. At Eckert’s, we’ve learned that moving is not as easy as it seems, it is a complex process, consisting of numerous details. Too much moving work can become nerve-racking. Therefore, a plan is something that can act as a panacea during the stressful moving process.
Down below is a planner consists of 3 different moving stages:
Before Moving Day
- De-clutter your stuff and decide what to move and what to sell or donate.
- Create an inventory of moving items.
- Make prior arrangements including hiring a truck in your area.
- Buy packing supplies and pack your stuff if you are moving by yourself.
- Make sure you change your address and discontinue existing services like newspaper delivery, electricity (check for refund), garbage collection, etc.
- Make advance arrangements for these services in your new location.
- Safely dispose of or give away all flammables such as paints, fuel, etc. This is because they can’t be moved due to federal DOT regulations.
- Defrost refrigerator and freezer, plus allow thorough air-drying to prevent mildew.
- Transfer your checking and savings accounts.
- Pack personal and valuable items such as jewelry and medicine to be carried in the car.
- Remember to pack a box of basics you’ll need on moving day (tools, paper products, all-purpose household cleaners, etc.).
- Load the box of basics in the end, so that it will be first off at your new home.
- Pack a separate and personal suitcase for the trip.
- Make sure to remove all bed linens.
- Double-check items on the inventory sheet before loading.
- Conduct a last-minute walkthrough with your truck operator.
- Make sure the windows of your house are closed, closets empty, lights out and doors locked.
- Be available when items are delivered at your new location.
- Double-check your items and inventory sheet.
- Make sure everything is in good condition.
With this planner, you can make the most successful move anywhere in the world. All you need to do is stick with the plan. This will help you stay agile and calculative during the whole moving process.
Need professional moving help? Consult our professional movers in San Diego today!