Make your move as smooth as possible with these packing tips in San Diego
Since, 1953, Eckert’s is helping people move safely, efficiently and timely
People are often overwhelmed by the daunting experience of packing and moving. This is because they are not aware of the time-consuming and head-scratching process of packing and moving. Therefore, seeking professional movers’ help is one very fine option you should take into consideration.
However, if you are planning to move by yourself, it can become tricky if you don’t have a plan. You need packing supplies, tools, resources, and most importantly, time to safely pack your possessions. Given below are some packing and moving tips in San Diego compiled by Eckert’s Moving & Storage, a prominent moving company in San Diego. Browse down:
What Packing Supplies are needed?
If you’ve decided to do the packing on your own, it’s important to use the right supplies and materials. You will need unprinted newspaper and tissue paper, 2-inches plastic tape, bubble wrap, utility knife, scissors, and permanent markers. Opting for boxes of different sizes is also important. From small-sized boxes to large-sized boxes, all of them will be used for packing different belongings of different sizes. Also, make sure you have enough supplies for packing your entire stuff.
How to Pack Your Belongings?
Once you are done arranging or buying packing supplies, the next step is to start packing your belongings. But, how do you pack your belongings most simply? To help you out, here are some packing tips to follow in San Diego:
- Start with creating a moving checklist.
- De-clutter your stuff and remove the excessive belongings.
- Make a timeline and start packing your stuff according to it.
- Sort out your packing style by avoiding over-packing or mixing items.
- Work with step-by-step coding and pack items according to their size, type, and room.
- Don’t leave space inside the boxes. You can use padding materials such as clothes or newspapers to eliminate the extra space.
- As you are packing, label each box with a marker, and take photos of the furniture.
- Match your boxes with the checklist before leaving the place.
After the successful completion of the packing stage, you are now ready to move to your new location. You can book a truck; but, it is advised to hire an experienced moving company to ease the stress of the moving process. Their professional movers can make your move as smooth as possible with their packing and moving know-how.
At Eckert’s, our skilled movers are always ready to cater to your packing and moving needs. Feel free to contact us today!