No matter whether you’re moving your entire house to another city, out of the state, or across the town, it is an overwhelming task. Especially during the Corona Virus pandemic, relocation of a home is even stressful. It is because you have to ensure the safety of yourself and your loved ones while relocating your valuables without any damage.
You can get plenty of information about how to choose the right residential movers in San Diego, tips to make your moving process hassle-free, and how to remain safe throughout your moving journey. But, we will give you tips to deep clean your new residential place to ensure it is safe for you and your family.
It is crucial to clean your new place thoroughly before moving, as you don’t know who all visited the home or touched the surfaces. Apart from this, deep cleaning can also remove any left behind grime, dust, and dirt by the previous owner.
Let’s directly dive into tips for deep cleaning your new house.
To start with, you can do dusting of each room to remove any dust and dirt, especially on the windows, doors, and corners. As a thumb rule, always start cleaning your home from the ceiling instead of the floor and don’t forget to wear masks and other safety gear to prevent the spread of germs, bacteria, and viruses.
Clean the ceiling
When it comes to the ceiling, it involves lighting fixtures, fans, and shelving, which have a higher tendency to accumulate grime because they get cleaned regularly. To clean the fan blade, use an old piece of cloth to collect the dirt, and then use a cleaner wipe to remove the remaining dust.
Once you finish cleaning the ceiling and things that are close to it, move to other parts of your home like the bathroom. It is advisable to clean your bathroom in the beginning, as you might need to use it during the process of cleaning. Plus, sanitizing and disinfecting your bathroom is an easy task. On the other hand, you can use soapy water and a sponge to the bathroom surface.
Please, do not forget to clean and sanitize other places in the bathroom, including toilet paper holders, door handles, lighting fixtures, and more.
Next is your kitchen
Now that your bathroom is neat and clean, it’s time to deep clean your kitchen. When it comes to the kitchen, it should be sanitized and well-cleaned, as it is the place where you will cook food for you and your loved ones. Therefore, to ensure it is free of germs, dust, and the previous owner’s cooking smell, clean it thoroughly.
How to deep clean your kitchen?
- Start from dusting and cleaning the top, such as vents, exhaust fans, lights, ceiling, and fixtures.
- Usually, the kitchen walls are greasy. Therefore, use a good cleaner to get rid of every bit of dirt and grease.
- Cleaning cooktop or stovetop is very difficult, and it is advisable to sprinkle spray cleaner, vinegar, or baking soda and use a clean towel dipped in hot water to wipe off the dirt.
- The kitchen cabinets and counter are not that difficult to clean. However, if you find greasy stains on them, use baking soda and water.
- To clean and sanitize the appliances like microwave oven, refrigerator, food processor, dishwasher, and more, follow the cleaning procedure given on the respective manuals.
- Make use of a mixture of water and chlorine-free bleach to clean your sink.
Clean the rest of your home
You’ve cleaned your kitchen, bathroom, ceiling, and all things that are on the top, it’s time to clean and sanitize the rest of your home. Even when you clean your rooms, follow the same process of cleaning from top to down. If you want your new house to be free of germs, dust, bacteria, and viruses, make sure you clean and sanitize every nook and cranny.
- The carpet – You can hire professionals to clean your carpets using a steam cleaning procedure before moving. Also, use a vacuum to remove hair, fur, and dust.
- The wooden floors – Use a mild soap and water to clean the surface of your wood floors.
- Other floors – For cleaning floors made up of stones, tile, and linoleum sweep, use a good cleaner to mop it.
Congratulations! You’ve just finished cleaning your new home for a happy move to a clean, germ, dust, and virus-free residential space. If you feel cleaning the entire house seems like a daunting task, you can also hire professional cleaners to do the cleaning for you. Besides this, you’re looking for reliable moving and storage services in San Diego, get in touch with our experts at Eckert’s Moving and Storage. We follow strict COVID-19 safety guidelines to ensure the wellness of our workers as well as customers. Whether you need packing, moving, or storage services, we have got you covered. To get a free quote from the comfort of your home, call us today.