Moving from California to Utah is fairly common as the cost of living and relaxed lifestyle is alluring to many. While you might have your own personal or professional reasons for moving from San Diego to Salt Lake City, we can tell you that you are about to embark on an exciting journey. As Utah’s most populous city, Salt Lake City’s economy is based on oil and mining, which has given rise to numerous job opportunities in the past. With a chance to enjoy four seasons, rich culture, and a more laid-back lifestyle than the hustle and bustle of California, we are here to help with your relocation.
Full-service movers and storage service
At Eckert’s Moving and Storage, our team provides the following services:
- Providing all the packing supplies including boxes, moving blankets and packing materials.
- Packing your belongings (including special care and handling of antiques, collectibles, and other valuable items)
- Disassembling your bulky and heavier furniture pieces. Re-assembling your furniture items
- Loading your items onto our truck
- Transporting your items to your new location
- Helping you with the unpacking or doing all the unpacking for you
- Disposing of all packing materials and trash so you don’t need to deal with large bags of garbage at your new location.
- Shouldering the physical burden of moving in all types of weather.
Cost of moving from San Diego to Salt Lake City
The moving industry is seasonal and there is a prime time that many people like to move. Peak moving season is considered to be between May and September, so rates are likely to be a higher during this time. If you have a choice of when to move, moving during the off season can save you some money. However, if it is a last minute move or you need to move within a specified time-period, the cost might be higher.
Moving from San Diego to Salt Lake City is a long-distance move of about 750 miles. The average cost to relocate is around $3,300 to $4,250 depending on the size of the move, time of year, distance travelled, and additional moving services required. For a basic idea of what the move will cost, click on the “Get a FREE Quote” button in the upper right corner of our website’s home page. For a more comprehensive quote, you can contact us for an in-person estimate of your move. Call us now!