Moving internationally is considerably more complicated than moving domestically, especially when you’re talking about moving to San Diego from the UK. If you’ve grown tired of living in a cool, cloudy, and rainy climate, you’ll definitely enjoy the beaches and sunshine that San Diego has to offer. At Eckert’s Moving and Storage, we’ll help you make that transition a reality with an international move to San Diego from the British Isles.
How does an international relocation differ from moving domestically?
When it comes to moving, you may be thinking that moving is moving regardless of the origination point and final destination. However, you’d be making a faulty assumption. Moving internationally is way different from moving domestically. Knowing how these types of moves differ will save you lots of frustration and stress in the long run. Here are a few things to be aware of:
- Moving internationally involves more planning – moving domestically is far less difficult than moving to San Diego from the UK. This is because international moves involve different transport methods including shipping by boat.
- Moving internationally may require getting rid of some of your belongings – it’s a safe bet that you won’t be able to bring everything you own with you. Thus, you’ll need to determine what you cannot live without and what you can leave behind.
- Moving internationally requires the assistance of professional movers – if you needed repairs on your luxury vehicle, would you take it to some unlicensed tech or mechanic? The same holds true when relocating internationally. And that’s where Eckert’s Moving and Storage can help.
How do we determine the cost of moving to San Diego the from the UK?
Moving can be time consuming. It can be difficult to find the time if you already have a hectic schedule. Let our team do the work. The cost of an international relocation is calculated based on several factors including:
- cost of shipping a vehicle
- customs fees and taxes
- moving labor required
- moving services requested (air, land, and/or sea)
- relocation distance
- time of year when moving
- transport venues used
- travel costs
- visa fees
- volume or weight of your belongings
This will give you a basic idea of what’s required when moving to San Diego from the UK. To learn more or for an accurate estimate of your international moving costs, call Eckert’s Moving and Storage at (888) 274-7230 today.