From renting a carrier truck to purchasing moving supplies, hiring long-distance movers, and obtaining insurance, home relocation can cost you a lot of money. But for some people, it is something that cannot be put on hold or delayed. For example, they might be relocating out of the state for a job, medical treatment, college, or after a divorce. If you are in such a tight spot, mastering tips for ensuring an affordable move is essential.
By now, you might have read plenty of tips for moving out of state at a much affordable price. But did anyone tell you that you can save money based on the payment method you choose? All thanks to technology, today, we have several payment methods you can choose from to pay your movers. These include cash payment, credit card, and sanctioning a personal loan, and each comes with its benefits and downsides.
As a thumb rule, you can use a moving costs calculator to determine the best payment method that suits your needs and budget. Let’s dive into the details about each payment method:
Pay in cash
If you are looking for cheap moving services in California, you should go for the saving or cash payment method. You can save several dollars by choosing this option. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of this method.
- Most moving companies offer a discounted price for people who are willing to pay all in cash.
- You can skip the hassle of monthly installments and interests.
- Plus, it comes with peace of mind, knowing that you don’t have any due amount.
- One of the primary drawbacks is that you can’t save money in a month or two. It takes a minimum of six months or depending on your moving.
- You need to be financially responsible to save money for your impending move.
- Savings mean cutting down your living expenses and daily spending.
If you have got plenty of time for your moving day, start your savings today to avail the discounts and enjoy other benefits. However, before you jump into the saving mode, please remember, you have to practice modest living and be responsible for your daily spending.
For people who like to pay their dues every month, making payments to a moving company through a credit card is the perfect option. Just like cash payment, it also has its pros and cons.
- The primary benefit of using a credit card is speed. You do not have to visit your bank to get cash in hand, which is time-consuming.
- As compared to cash, using a credit card is quite convenient and easy. All you need is your card, and with one swipe, you are good to go.
- For example, if you have to move urgently out of the state and do not have enough cash to cover the expenses, a credit card is your safest bet. It comes with a buy-now-pay-later facility, which you can use whenever there is an emergency.
- Apart from this, you can get cashback and rewards for using your credit card.
- Well, credit cards are not immune to cons. You have to deal with high-interest rates and added compound interest each month.
- If you miss or delay monthy payment, it will affect your credit score.
Are you thinking of using your credit card for paying your moving services provider? If yes, then be ready to pay higher interest rates.
Anyone with a good credit score, who wants to save some money, can get a personal loan sanctioned for the move. With this option, you can pay the amount in installments, which reduces the burden of paying the whole at once. Of course, it is also beneficial for those who don’t have the required savings to cover the moving expenses.
- Unlike credit cards, you will have comparatively lower interest rates on the personal loan amount.
- It offers a fixed repayment schedule.
- If you make your payment on time, it can improve and diversify your credit history.
- Another advantage of getting a personal loan for meeting your home relocation expenses is the quick turnaround time.
- However, you may face some challenges, such as choosing the right loan option is a daunting task.
- And on missing or delaying payments, you may get heavy penalties.
Based on the above discussions, it is quite evident that each payment option has its pros and cons. However, if you want to save some money, it is advisable to pay in cash, and if you don’t have savings, getting a personal loan is also a good option.
As a thumb rule, no matter which payment method you choose, by creating a moving checklist and budgeting everything, you can keep your expenses as low as possible.
If you are looking for more expert moving tips in San Diego for your upcoming long-distance move, get in touch with Eckert’s Moving and Storage.