As industry leaders in relocation services, Eckert’s Moving and Storage understands the occasional need for storing your furniture and other belongings during the moving process. Interestingly enough, 41% of all storage customers surveyed rent storage units when they’re moving while another 17% use them when de-cluttering their homes.
Usually, you need to find the right storage facility when you are downsizing and require a safe place to keep the additional possessions. Consequently, it’s important to know where to find storage units in San Diego whenever the situation necessitates doing so.
Why do people rent storage units when moving?
Moving presents people with a number of different circumstances, many of which can stressful and tedious. Sometimes, renting a storage unit helps to offset the stress of moving and solve some of the more common moving problems. Some of the more common moving circumstances that may require renting a storage unit are:
- Closing date has been delayed – if you need to move out of your current residence at the end of the month but the closing date on the home you bought isn’t going to happen until the middle of the following month, renting a storage unit is a necessity.
- Consolidating two homes – when a couple decides to move in together or when an elderly parent moves in with one of their children and their family. In any event, there will be additional belongings that need to be stored during the transition. Getting an affordable storage facility for the things you don’t want to let go off can help.
- Downsizing into a smaller home – in some cases, people have to move into an apartment or smaller home on short notice. Instead of just getting rid of their excess belongings, they put these additional items into storage.
In addition to the above, renting a storage unit can be very handy, if you need space for fragile or high-value items. If you need to store artwork or other items that need temperature control, there are climate-controlled storage units that you can benefit from. No matter what your reason for needing temporary storage, Eckert’s Moving and Storage can help you when it comes to knowing where to find storage units in San Diego. We can even help you pack the things that you want to put in storage and ensure everything is secured in place while moving your belongings.
What type of storage unit do you need?
Have you rented a storage unit before? Whether you need to store some items on a temporary basis while moving or are downsizing and need a long-term storage option, we can help. Renting a storage unit is a convenient and secure option that will enable you to have additional space at home. Whether it is large pieces of heirloom furniture or artwork that needs climate-controlled storage, we can help you at every step of the way. The first step is to determine the type of storage unit that you need. So, you’ll need to consider one of the following:
- Full-service storage – this type of storage unit is a “valet-style” facility that in many cases will pick up the items you’re storing. This type of unit saves you a lot of stress and hassle as a result.
- Self-storage – as the most popular option of the two, self-storage units are a safe, secure, and cost-effective way to store your household belongings and larger items such as boats or vehicles. You can deliver and pick-up your items whenever you want at self-storage units.
What should you look for when you need to know where to find storage units in San Diego?
No two storage facilities are alike. Thus, when you’re searching for the right storage unit, it’s important to understand what each has to offer in the way of amenities and features. When you’re assessing each of the facilities on your list of candidates, look for the following key factors:
- climate control
- contracts and pricing
- in-person surveillance
- number of locks
- overall safety and security
- size of units available
- video monitoring
Thus, when you are looking for long term or short-term storage facilities, there are a multitude of things to consider. You’ll need to evaluate
Furthermore, be sure to read customer testimonials and online reviews of each storage facility that you’re considering. Finally, the cost of a storage unit is usually influenced by
how long you need the unit, insurance, items being stored, location, and size required. For more information about where to find storage units in San Diego, contact Eckert’s Moving and Storage at (888) 274-7230 today. Our experts are available to assist you with your queries and can help you with packing supplies and storage services. Call us now.