We know that taking a decision where to move is complex and difficult. However, if you’ve decided to move to San Diego and have already booked your move with Eckert’s Moving and Storage, one of the next steps is to decide where you’re going to live. While the city of San Diego is comprised of 18 communities, there are many more when you take the north, east, and southern sectors of San Diego County into consideration. Each of them has its advantages so you’d need to look at various factors before selecting the right suburb to settle in.
Why do people move to San Diego?
San Diego is the land of sun and surf as well as laid-back attitudes. The abundance of pristine beaches, culinary venues, and near-perfect year-round weather has inspired people to move here from many areas within the US and worldwide as well. So if you’re still looking for reasons to move here read on:
- beautiful stretches of pristine beaches
- enjoyable day trips and weekend adventures
- excellent dining venues (not the chain or franchise venues)
- flip-flops and tank top lifestyle
- hiking trails and nature
- laid-back yet vibrant nightlife
- museums and the zoo
- near-perfect year-round weather
- license key bytefence 2018
- one of the best beer scenes in the world
- outdoor patio living most of the year
Taking all of the above into consideration, it’s easy to see why so many people have moved to San Diego from other areas of the country. When you’re ready to make that move, Eckert’s Moving and Storage is only an e-mail or a phone call away.
What are the best communities within San Diego to live in?
The city of San Diego proper is comprised of 18 communities, which provides you with a challenging decision if you want to live closer to the downtown area rather than out in the county. The following is a list of our favorite San Diego suburbs to move to within the greater metropolitan area:
- Chula Vista – San Diego’s 2nd largest city is without question, the best suburb to raise a family in. It’s known for its diversity, excellent schools, and family-friendly venues while being close to the US-Mexico border.
- La Jolla – this is one of San Diego’s most affluent, thriving communities as well as the home to UC San Diego. The economy here is driven Y2mate Downloader Crack the bioengineering, finance, medical, real estate, scientific research, and software industries.
- Lemon Grove – this close-knit, family-friendly community has been rated the best San Diego suburb because of its small town feel which is evidenced by frequent events, locally-owned businesses, and numerous parks.
- North Park – this culturally diverse community borders Balboa Park and is home to a number of boutiques, cafes and diners, coffee shops, craftsman cottages, the North Park Farmers Market, and several microbreweries.
- South Park – sharing its borders with Balboa Park and Golden Hill is the community of South Park (no, it doesn’t have anything to do with the animated TV series). The city is well-known for its pedestrian-friendly business district and tree-lined streets.
- Torrey Pines – as one of San Diego’s smaller suburbs (pop. 13,080), it is one the best suburbs for raising a family. It is the home to one of the rarest pine trees in the US – Pinus torreyana – which only grows here and on Santa Rosa Island off Santa Barbara’s coast.
What if you want to live outside, yet within San Diego County?
If you’re reluctant to live within the 18 communities that make up the city of San Diego and don’t mind a bit of a commute to get to your job, there are some other options within the county that are just as appealing. Here is a list of our favorite San Diego suburbs to move to if you want to live outside the city in the county:
- Carlsbad – beaches and surfing along with entertainment and shopping make this one of the more popular San Diego suburbs
- Encinitas – one of the most popular suburbs among young professionals
- Escondido – best suburb for enjoying the outdoors
- Oceanside – San Diego’s safest suburb and home to the Pendleton Marine Corps Base
- Poway – home to the 3rd largest and best school district in the US
- Solana beach – if you want to enjoy living on the coast and take in outstanding ocean views, this is the place to live
We offer custom moves and full services to ensure that you can relocate safely to San Diego. If you need additional services like packing or unpacking services, additional movers, please let us know in advance and we’ll arrange it.
For more information about our favorite San Diego suburbs to move, call Eckert’s Moving and Storage at (888) 274-7230 today or click here to send us a message. Call us NOW!