Are you getting close to retiring? If so, what do you envision for your retirement years and where are you planning on living. Many future retirees often move closer to family while others plan on traveling and pursuing exciting adventures. If you already live in San Diego, you’ll understand why people decide to retire here many of whom chose Eckert’s Moving and Storage to help them relocate here.
San Diego and San Diego County have a lot to offer those retirees who want to remain active and pursue different interests. Thanks to ideal year-round temperatures, they’ll be able to do this. There is so much to take advantage of in San Diego besides the many great beaches and ideal climate including arts and culture, college and pro sports, excellent dining venues, outdoor activities, and so much more.
Thus, if you are planning to move to San Diego retirement communities, this might be the best decisions for spending your sunset years in one of the most beautiful locations in the country.
What factors should be considered before moving to San Diego?
There are several factors that need to be considered before retiring and moving to San Diego with the cost of living and housing being the two most important. These are the factors that will help you determine if you can afford to retire here. San Diego’s cost of living is considerably higher than the national average as is the cost of housing. If you’ve already been living here for a while, you’ve overcome one of those two biggest obstacles and probably have equity built up in your home.
However, once you’ve retired and are no longer working, there are options that you can consider that may help you offset the higher cost of living such as downsizing into a smaller home or refinancing your current one if you already live here. down connectify By living here, you’ve already had plenty of opportunity to explore the area and see what it has to offer. The bottom line is that knowing whether or not you can afford to live here once you’ve retired is going to require a lot of planning and preparation.
What are our favorite retirement communities in San Diego?
The San Diego area is divided into 4 geographical areas, all of which have excellent retirement communities. These include 1) Metro San Diego, 2) East San Diego County, 3) North San Diego County, and 4) South San Diego County. If you’ve already decided to retire here but don’t want to deal with the congestion and hectic pace of the big city, you should scratch #1 above from your list of prospects. The following is our favorite retirement communities in San Diego County:
- Carlsbad – as one of our favorite North County the oceanfront communities, the city of Carlsbad offers everything for retirement living from low maintenance townhomes to larger Mediterranean estates. sleek bill india license key free
- Del Mar – one of the more picturesque coastal communities in north San Diego County is the suburb of Del Mar. Over 20% of the Tmpgenc Authoring Works 6 Serial residents here are 65 years of age or older so luxury condos abound. But there are other styles including contemporary homes. You can look around and see what suits your style and budget needs.
- El Cajon – this east county city is one of San Diego’s more affordable suburbs and has one of the lowest costs of living in the entire area. You’ll find everything from modest cottages to ranch style homes and more here.
- Encinitas – this north county coastal city has over 300 different amenities for seniors and features one of the lowest crime rates on our list of favorite retirement locations. You can find anything from chic condos to Mediterranean style estates.
- La Mesa – situated halfway between San Diego and El Cajon is the suburb of La Mesa. Not only is it one of our favorite retirement communities in San Diego, there are contemporary style homes, modern condos, or ranch style estates to pick from.
- Poway – moving inland in North County, we have the city of Poway with its assortment of modern townhomes, ranch style estates, and Mediterranean Villas. Whether love to golf, hike, or just love watching wildlife, it’s all here in Poway.
- Solana Beach – this charming coastal community borders Encinitas to the south and offers retirees plenty of affordable housing options. You can enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities including boating, golfing, hiking, surfing, and swimming.
For additional information regarding our favorite retirement communities in San Diego, contact Eckert’s Moving and Storage at (888) 274-7230 today or send us a message at www.eckertsmoving.com at your convenience. Additionally, our business representatives are here to help answer your questions and assist you with your specific requirements. Call us today.