Whenever you think about moving to the Golden State of California, most individuals tend to think about Los Angeles or San Francisco. However, just a couple of hours south of LA is the coastal city of San Diego. The city is easily one of California’s most beautiful, laid-back locations. In fact, many individuals decided to move here after only one visit. If you’re thinking about moving here from another city within the state or from out of state, Eckert’s Moving and Storage has the personnel and relocation services to make your dream of living near the Pacific Ocean a reality.
What type of moving services will you need?
When moving to San Diego, it’s important to know what your options are where moving services are concerned. On one hand, you have moving companies that provide only the basic services while others are full-service moving companies. Thus, what’s the difference you ask? Basic services refer to loading, transporting, and unloading only, whereas full-service refers to a more extensive range of services.
This includes services such as supplying all packing materials, furniture disassembly, help with packing, and so on. As full-service moving and relocation specialists, Eckert’s Moving and Storage does all this and more. We even help dispose of all the used moving materials and other debris once the job is complete. These services are provided with a single goal in mind – providing you with a pleasant, stress-free moving and relocation experience.
What are the best neighborhoods in San Diego to live in?
When moving to San Diego, where to live should be one of your most important concerns. San Diego County is comprised of 18 incorporated cities and other communities. These are classified into 6 geographical areas including:
- East county
- North county coastal
- North county inland
- San Diego central
- San Diego coastal
- South county
Interestingly enough, if you were to ask 20 different San Diegans what their favorite city or community in the county was, you would probably get 20 different answers. It is difficult to choose just one!
Real estate experts contend that the following 10 cities or communities are the best places to live in San Diego County:
- Carlsbad – a thriving, vibrant coastal city in north county and home to Legoland, a popular tourist attraction
- Chula Vista – this south county community is San Diego County’s 2nd largest city and features a thriving athletic program for adults and children alike
- Del Mar Mesa – rated as one of the best California communities to live in, the city has a semi-rural feel and features 10 miles of bikeways, hiking trails, and walkways
- La Jolla – as one of San Diego’s most affluent communities, La Jolla is the location of nearly 1,300 merchants and over 100 restaurants
- North Park – rated one of the best “hipster” communities in the US, North Park is very culturally diverse
- Pacific Highland Ranch – with nearly half of its total area being a natural habitat, this community has an abundance of nature trails
- San Marcos – this north county inland city has some of the best restaurants in the area plus numerous bike and walking trails to enjoy
- Solana Beach – as one of San Diego’s coastal suburbs, Solana Beach is built on the bluffs overlooking its beach area and well-known for its stunning views of the Pacific Ocean
- South Park – known for its pedestrian-friendly business district and tree-lined streets, the city is known for its many small businesses and tight-knit community feel
- Torrey Pines – with a dense suburban feel, Torrey Pines has been rated as the 7th best community in which to raise a family
More information about these and other San Diego County communities is available online or you can speak with a relocation specialist here at Eckert’s Moving and Storage, 7 days a week. We’ll not only help you pack and move but we’ll even help you get settled in, helping you unpack and remove the debris of the unpacking and boxes. If you’d like to know more about the whole moving process, call us now.
How much does it cost to move to San Diego?
Depending on the distance from your current home to San Diego and the size of your home, the average long-distance move will range from $2,500 to $5,000. Keep in mind that these costs are averages based on historical industry data and your cost could vary based on those factors, plus the amount of moving labor required and the supplemental services you request. For additional information about moving to San Diego, where to live, and moving costs, contact Eckert’s Moving and Storage today or when convenient at (888) 274-7230. Call us now!