As the Corona Virus pandemic has halted many aspects of our lives, businesses are worried if they are still allowed to move to a different location. Whether you’re permanently shifting your business to a new place or moving temporarily till the completion of your project, you will be glad to know that commercial moving services in San Diego are operating and will help you move. It is because moving services come under the essentials business category.
However, prioritizing your safety and that of your employees is a crucial consideration when you’re moving from one place to another. While we are practicing social distancing to avoid the spread of virus, it may become a matter of concern when you let professionals inside your office to pack the things and let them touch doors, walls, etc.
COVID-19 is a highly-communicable virus, which means it can easily transmit through direct contact and infected surfaces. Therefore, we have listed some essential precautionary measures you need to take during the moving process for the well-being of people working in the office:
Choose the right commercial movers in San Diego
The first step to ensure safe moving is choosing the right moving company. Corona Virus is spreading like wildfire in the United States and across the globe. Therefore, every moving and storage company needs to take measures to ensure the safety of its employees and customers when moving.
Although it is recommended to work with the most reputable commercial movers in San Diego, you still need to ask relevant questions about what measures they are taking to provide their customers with safe and timely relocation of the office. Depending on their answers, you can make your choice that meets your needs and budget. Also, confirm if your moving company practices following COVID-19 policies for their workers’ safety. Safe workers mean a safe moving process. Here are some precautionary measures to be taken by the movers:
- Providing workers with disinfectant wipes or spray to clean commonly used surfaces like moving equipment, truck handles, controls, steering wheels, and more, after each job.
- Sending the same staff together for packing, loading, moving, and unloading services.
- Strictly prohibiting workers from using or touching other’s hand, trucks, phones, dollies, and moving tools and equipment.
- Practicing housekeeping in offices as well as warehouses, which includes disinfecting restrooms, counter-tops, and other equipment at regular intervals.
- Disinfecting and thoroughly cleaning insides of the trucks, moving equipment, door handles daily, or after each move.
- Checking workers’ temperature in the more and evening using a digital thermometer.
- Supplying workers with safety gear like sanitizers, masks, gloves, caps, and apron.
- Limiting entries in the office by non-essential visitors.
No-touching, virtual moving consultation
Once you select a moving and storage company to relocate your business, the next is getting a quote. Since social distancing has become a necessity to limit the spread of COVID-19, you should avoid in-person contact when getting a moving quote. Today, most people are relying on virtual consultation to avoid close contact as much as possible. Therefore, instead of walking directly into your potential movers’ office, get a moving estimate from your home through video chat.
However, when getting a virtual moving estimate, make sure:
- Your phone or tablet is fully charged to have an uninterrupted consultation with your moving company.
- Also, have a good internet connection.
- The lights of all rooms are on so that your moving company can get you a proper estimate through a virtual office tour.
Be very clear about rescheduling your move
Currently, we are living in uncertain times where anything can happen at any time. It is always best to have a backup plan, as you have no idea what the future holds. Therefore, make sure the commercial movers you hire in San Diego give you the flexibility to postpone or cancel your move. Moving companies with years of experience in the field understand the unprecedented circumstances and work accordingly to meet their customers’ needs and requirements.
Things to Consider During the Move
Alright, now your commercial moving services provider in San Diego has arrived at your office to pack and load your belongings for relocation. To ensure your safety, here are the things you must follow:
- Practice contactless methods of greeting, which means no hand-shakes.
- Make sure you maintain a distance of at least six feet from the moving staff.
- Wearing masks and other safety gear is essential all the time.
- Request your movers to either sanitize or wash their hands before entering the office, even if they are wearing gloves. Also, keep disinfectant spray or wipes at the entryways and in the restroom.
Safety measures after moving
Once your commercial movers arrive at the destination with your office’s belongings, the next step is unloading. During this process also, you have to maintain distance from the workers along with wearing safety gear, as recommended by the CDC. Use the disinfectant spray to clean and disinfect all your valuables, before touching them. Also, don’t forget to check whether everything has arrived safely or not.
Apart from this, make sure you also deep clean or thoroughly disinfect your new office before settling in, as you don’t know who all have previously touched the doors and walls, used the restroom and furniture, and more. In addition to this, properly dispose of packing materials and boxes as per the standards and guidelines followed at your new location.
The bottom line
Whether you’re planning to move your office or already have an upcoming move, working with reputed commercial movers in San Diego, like Eckert’s Moving and Storage Company can reduce most of your moving stress. We are constantly working in these uncertain times to provide you with safe and timely relocation of your homes or offices. Our workers take all the safety measures before, during, and after moving to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers. We, at Eckert’s Moving and Storage, practice COVID-19 safety policies for our workers’ safety and that of our clients.
If you want to move your house or office intrastate, interstate, and even out of the country, Eckert’s Moving and Storage is your best bet. For more details, feel free to call our experts.