San Diego has been nicknamed “America’s Finest City” and for good reasons such as its beautiful weather, booming craft beer and culinary scene, gorgeous coastline, laid-back attitude, and pristine beaches. The city not only lures people from other states, it attracts new residents from other countries. With so many amenities, it’s no wonder that Eckert’s Moving and Storage has helped so many families and individuals move from Chicago to San Diego. We understand your apprehensions and stress due to thinking about the move and calculating and budgeting the cost of relocation. All that you need to do is give us a call and we’ll shoulder the responsibility of your move.
What should you know when moving to San Diego from Chicago?
When it comes living in one of the best cities in the US, few can compare to San Diego. So, if you’ve decided to trade life in the “Windy City” for this gem on the southern California coast, not to worry. It won’t be long until Chicago’s hot dogs and massive skyline will be a distant memory. However, keep in mind that this is a long-distance move of nearly 2,100 miles that will require considerably more planning and preparation than the average interstate move. Most importantly, you’ll want to know the cost of moving from Chicago to San Diego with Eckert’s Moving and Storage.
What are the benefits of moving from Chicago to San Diego?
When you’re considering a move of from one geographical area of the US to another, you should always research the pros and cons of this type of relocation. The more you know about your new home, the easier it will be to adapt. There are a number of benefits that you’ll enjoy as well including the following:
- Excellent schools – you’ll quickly discover that San Diego offers excellent education opportunities with many high schools ranked as best in the nation and several colleges such as the University of California San Diego, San Diego State University, and the University of San Diego.
- Gorgeous beaches – whether it’s building sandcastles with your children, surfing the ocean waves, or taking a relaxing bike ride or walk, there is a perfect beach for you.
- Near-perfect weather year-round – compared to other coastal or inland cities in the US, San Diego can’t be beat for having the most desirable weather.
- Numerous opportunities for enjoying the outdoors – because of its ideal weather, San Diego offers numerous opportunities to play outdoors. You can grab a drink and relax on your patio, hang out a park, take a bike ride, or walk along the beach and listen to the waves crash at sunset.
- Plenty of weekend getaways – although there is plenty to do in the city, you can always venture out on day trips that you’re sure to enjoy. Head out and go skiing at Big Bear Mountain or head farther north to the wine country in the Santa Ynez Valley above Los Angeles.
Don’t forget that San Diego also has an outstanding craft beer scene and fantastic dining venues to check out as well. No matter what your interests, boredom will not be an option when moving from Chicago to San Diego.
How safe is San Diego compared to Chicago?
It’s unfortunate that Chicago has one of the highest violent crime rates in the US. So don’t be surprised when you learn that the incidents of violent crimes in San Diego is significantly lower than the Windy City. Furthermore, the top 3 safest neighborhoods in San Diego county are Carmel Valley, Torrey Hills, and Torrey Pines. In fact, San Diego boasted the lowest violent crime rate among the biggest US cities in 2018. Little if any significant increase has occurred since that time.
What is the cost of moving from Chicago to San Diego?
The cost of moving from Chicago to San Diego will vary based on a number of factors. The average cost of a 2,000-to-2,500-mile move will be anywhere from $2,500 on the low end to $5,000 or more on the high end. We will help you get an accurate quote on your impending move. Your cost will depend on the following factors:
- the total distance of your move
- the amount of labor needed
- the moving services you request
- the total weight of your belongings in transit
- whether you move during the off-season or the peak moving season
For additional information about moving to San Diego from Chicago or to speak with a company representative regarding the cost of moving from Chicago to San Diego, call Eckert’s Moving and Storage at (888) 274-7230 today. We are here to assist you at every step of the way.