If you’ve considered moving to San Diego in the near future, Eckert’s Moving and Storage has streamlined the relocation process to ensure a more pleasant, stress-free experience. As a full-service moving company with more than 50 years of combined industry experience and expertise, your furniture and belongings will be safe and secure when entrusting them to our specialists. Thus, it’s important that you research all moving to San Diego pros and cons involved before committing to this type of relocation.
Is this your first experience hiring professional movers?
The moving and relocation specialists at Eckert’s Moving and Storage will be available 7 days a week to assist you and answer any questions you may have regarding local and long-distance moving. We understand that choosing the right moving company can be very challenging considering the many options that are available. We encourage people to do some comparison shopping of several different companies so they make the right decision and are confident that they’ve chosen the right company for the job.
What are the pros of moving to San Diego?
As the 8th largest US city and California’s second largest, San Diego is home to roughly 1.4 million people a large percentage of which have migrated here from other cities, states, and countries. Furthermore, if you’re not familiar with the area or have never visited here before, it pays to know as much about the moving to San Diego pros and cons that you can. The pros of moving here include:
- The Beaches – San Diego has a beach for just about every taste. Whether you just want to work on your tan or enjoy playing in the water, this place has you covered.
- The climate – San Diego’s climate is nothing short of ideal with temperatures averaging around 75° just about anywhere you live in the area.
- The craft beer and food – San Diego is referred to as America’s craft beer capital with some of the breweries being rated the best in the world. Plus, the city is known for its assortment of Mexican restaurants and other fabulous dining venues.
- The education venues – some of the best schools in the US are located here. In fact, 5 of San Diego’s public schools have consistently been ranked in the top 30 in California. Also, a high percentage of residents here have Bachelor’s Degrees.
- The friendly, home-like atmosphere – if you’ve been looking for the ideal place to start and/or raise a family, you’re definitely moving to the right city.
- The job market – San Diego has one of the highest employment rates per capita in the US with the professional, scientific, technology, and tourism sectors driving the city’s economy and job market.
- The lower crime rate – compared to other larger cities, the crime rate here in San Diego surprisingly low and is considered one of California’s safest cities.
We are sure you must be excited but when it comes to the moving to San Diego pros and cons, it’s only fair that we list the cons of living here as well. So, here they are:
- The cost of living – as one of the state’s more expensive cities to live in, San Diego isn’t made for every budget. The price of homes is the primary factor behind this.
- The parking – the only word that comes to mind when you mention parking in San Diego is “dreadful.” Finding a parking downtown can be a miserable experience to say the least, especially during the summer when the city is filled with tourists.
- The professional sports – more specifically, the lack thereof. The city has seen a number of pro franchises come and go, but when the Chargers moved to LA in 2017, it was a punch to the gut that many locals will never forget.
- The Traffic – unlike other large metropolitan cities, San Diego’s public transportation leaves a lot to be desired. Consequently, most residents drive their own vehicle, which explains why the traffic conditions can be a nightmare at times. You may have to start early to reach your workplace or other destinations on time.
Well, there you have it in a nutshell. Despite the “cons” of living here, San Diego is still a beautiful city and worthy of your consideration. There are plenty of things to see and do which overruns the cons of moving to San Diego.
Additionally, we are here to help you every step of the way to move to this panoramic city of California. To learn more about the moving to San Diego pros and cons or to speak with a company representative about your moving options, contact Eckert’s Moving and Storage at (888) 274-7230 today. Call us today and get a no-obligation FREE quote on your move.