Moving can be a challenge, no matter how near or far away your new location is. It can be stressful and tedious. But more than anything else, the preparation for the move can be very frustrating and time-consuming, especially when you don’t have enough help to tackle what needs to be done before the San Diego movers start loading their truck. At Eckert’s Moving and Storage, we can help with a lot of the details and preparation in order to alleviate the stress of moving.
Do you offer packing services?
Our company offers the most extensive line of moving and storage services in San Diego County including assistance of movers and packers in San Diego. The professional packers that work for us are experts when it comes to packing up your household items. Consequently, they can pack your belongings more effectively and efficiently than anyone who only does this when they have to. According to the AMSA (American Moving and Storage Association), a professional packing team can pack 100 to 150 boxes over the course of a day.
How much will it cost to hire professional packers?
Naturally, there is a cost attached to hiring professional packers. This cost will vary based on several factors. This includes the company you’re dealing with, the amount of supplies needed to pack your belongings, and the packer’s hourly rate times the number of individuals assigned to the job. According to Home Advisor, it will cost:
- $400 to $600 to pack up a 1-bedroom home
- $600 to $850 to pack up a 2-bedroom home
- $850 to $1,100 to pack up a 3-bedroom home
- $1,100 to $1,500 to pack up a 4-bedroom home
What can I expect from your packing crew?
The movers and packers services in San Diego that moving and storage companies supply will vary based on who is doing the work for you and what their contract says they are responsible for. However, you can expect the following when you hire the packers from Eckert’s Moving and Storage:
- They’ll bring all of the materials needed for your move including boxes, bubble wrap, and packing tape.
- They’ll go room by room when packing your belongings including wrapping those items that need additional protection.
- They’ll label every box based on which room the packed items came out of so it’s easier to put them in the appropriate room at your new location.
Keep in mind that there are some limitations with the packing services that are provided. Although there are other moving services that may be available for an additional charge, do not expect the packers to:
- assist you with inventorying your belongings and helping you decide what items to donate to a charity, sell at a moving or yard sale, and take with you
- list the items that are in each box (they will only label them for the room the items came out of
As you can see in that first point, you are responsible for purging your belongings so the movers and packers crew in San Diego know what is getting loaded on the moving truck and what isn’t. Otherwise, they will assume the items are going with you and pack them with your other belongings as well.
Should I hire professional packers or do the packing myself?
At some point doing the preparation stage, you’ll probably reach a point where you’ll be trying to decide to pack everything yourself or hire the professional packers from Eckert’s Moving and Storage. Obviously, cost is a primary concern. Hopefully, the following factors will help you in the decision-making process as well:
- Quality of the packing materials – one of the main benefits of hiring professional movers and packers? They provide all the materials needed to pack your belongings safely. This saves you from having to round up free moving boxes all over town.
- Speed – because of their experience and skills, professionals can pack your items much quicker than the average person can. This will save you time to address other important issues of your move.
- Time – we have heard about the nightmares that one person experienced when trying to do the packing themselves and how it days, or even weeks in some cases, to finish packing everything. Depending on the size of your home, professional packers could get the job done within a few hours to a few days.
We are here to assist you with all your relocation requirements and can assist you from packing to transportation and unpacking at the new house/office. Our business representatives are available 24/7 to answer your queries and schedule a visit before we give a FREE written estimate that has no hidden charges. For more information about movers and packers services in San Diego, contact Eckert’s Moving and Storage today.