From some of the friendliest neighbors to lush, green spaces surrounding the bigger cities, the state of Georgia is worthy of anyone’s consideration when it comes to one of the more popular moving destinations. Moving from San Diego to Atlanta is no small task by any means as you are looking at a distance of over 2,100 miles. That’s why it pays to hire the services of a reputable moving company like Eckert’s Moving and Storage. As you’re moving and relocations specialists, we specialize in coast-to-coast and long-distance moves.
Why do people move from San Diego and other California cities to Atlanta?
As the capital city of the “Peach State”, Atlanta is the Deep South’s cosmopolitan hub. Thus, it shouldn’t surprise you it draws numerous newcomers every year, especially from California. Yes, Atlanta’s traffic can be horrendous at times just like another big eastern city. However, since we couldn’t list every reason for moving from San Diego to Atlanta, we decided to list the top 5:
- 5 professional sports franchises – Atlanta is home to 5 professional baseball, basketball (NBA and WNBA), football, and soccer.
- Atlanta is a mecca for foodies – whether you want to spend $5 on a hot dog or spend hundreds at a high-end restaurant, you’ll find it all here in Atlanta.
- Businesses are thriving here – 15 Fortune 500 companies are located here in Atlanta including Coca-Cola, Delta Airlines, Home Depot, and UPS.
- Lower cost of living – compared to other large US cities, Atlanta is one of the less expensive to live in. However, the quality of life is great.
- The great outdoors – drive 20 minutes in any direction from downtown Atlanta and you’ll think you’re out in rural Georgia.
Atlanta is also known for its affordable housing and its many beautiful neighborhoods. With a more laid-back, slow paced lifestyle than what you had in San Diego, maybe it is time to discover outdoors or explore other leisure activities. Thus, if all of these factors haven’t convinced you about moving from San Diego to Atlanta, it’s possible that nothing else will.
On average, a move to Atlanta from San Diego will cost from $4,500 to $12,000 based on the size of your move, the supplemental moving services you request, and the amount of labor needed to get the job done. For more information, contact Eckert’s Moving and Storage today at (888) 274-7230.