Has living in California become a burden that you no longer want to deal with? The high price tag on the cost of living has driven many Californians away. Whether you’re looking for a lower cost of living, a more laid-back lifestyle, or you want to experience some Southern charm and hospitality, Raleigh, NC might just be what you’re looking for in a relocation destination. As experienced moving and relocation specialists, Eckert’s Moving and Storage is prepared to ensure a more pleasant, stress-free move.
What should you know about moving from San Diego to Raleigh, NC?
Although San Diego and Raleigh might seem like total opposites, they actually have a little more in common than what you might be thinking despite the 2,500-mile distance between them. Despite the fact that San Diego is a coastal city and Raleigh is located in the center of the state, both cities offer:
- breathtaking landscapes and scenery
- booming job markets
- prestigious colleges and universities
However, the change from California to North Carolina affords a number of amenities and benefits including the following:
- Although San Diego has a relatively large economy, Raleigh has one of the country’s fastest growing job markets.
- Housing and the cost of living are significantly lower in Raleigh compared to San Diego (median list price of housing is well over $500,000 in San Diego whereas the average cost of a home in Raleigh is around $275,000 or nearly half).
- Overall, taxes in North Caroline are considerably lower than San Diego.
- Since North Caroline is divided into 3 geographic regions – the Appalachian Mountains, the Atlantic coastal plain, and the central Piedmont region where Raleigh is located – you have a broad variety of temperature ranges and weather.
If you’re still undecided about moving from San Diego to Raleigh, NC after reading the information above, then this may not be the right move for you. However, if you have decided to make this move, your cost will average about $2,500 for a 1-bedroom home to $8,500 or more for a 4-to-5-bedroom home.
Our experts are available to assist you through your move and would be happy to walk you through the whole process. Considering the COVID-19 pandemic, we take adequate care to ensure that our crew and clients are safe at all times. To learn more about moving from San Diego to Raleigh, NC, call Eckert’s Moving and Storage today at (888) 274-7230.